Monday, September 7, 2009

Robert Murray



My great grandfather, Robert Murray came to the United States with his parents and siblings in 1870. It must be from him that I get my travelin' shoes, since he did not farm like his father and brothers. He became an engineer for the Northern Pacific Railroad, and died tragically in a railroad accident on April 7, 1905, twenty four years to the date after his father, Michael Wallace Murray died. April 7 is also the date that my Uncle Frank was born in 1929. Any other April 7th dates out there?

Anyway, when I first saw this picture of my great grandfather Robert (available at the Otter Tail County Historical Society in Fergus Falls, MN along with other photographs of Murray family members), I immediatly saw the family resemblance with my brother, and knew he was our ancestor.

1 comment:

Ms. Morris said...

Hi Ann-
Have you gathered more since this was posted in 2009? Happy researching Cuz!
~Julia